The VonShef 13/181 has a lot to offer despite many customers thinking it is a low-end product because of its reasonable price. First off, it is extremely durable thanks to the stainless steel materials it is made from and it is very compact. It will not take up plenty of room in your kitchen and the large viewing window lets you see the progress of your food in case you are worried about burning or overcooking it. You don’t have to open the lid because this can expose you to hot oil which can result in burns.
The 13/181 Key Features
- Extremely powerful – With 900W of power at your fingertips, you will be able to cook everything from doughnuts, fritters, chips, fish, chicken, and more. You will undoubtedly produce restaurant-quality meals with this VonShef fryer.
- Impressive capacity – The 1.5 litre capacity you’ll have to work with here is more than good enough for you and your family to cook all of the tasty meals mentioned above. Your food will not be cramped together because there is enough room in the fryer to cook plenty of meals at once.
- Non-stick pan – A poorly made fryer will have your foot sticking in and around the pan. This can lead to your food breaking apart and you having to deal with debris when cleaning time comes. Food that you cook will not stick to the pan making it very easy to clean afterward.
- Temperature control – There is a control panel on the side that lets you adjust the temperature to your liking depending on what you’re cooking. The settings are between 0 – 190 degrees which are perfect to cook crispy and great tasting meals
- Compact design – The dimensions on this VonShef deep fat fryer are 25 x 22 x 21 cm meaning space will be the least of your worries as it will most likely fit anywhere in your kitchen. It also has a detachable handle for easy cleaning later on when you’re done cooking.
- Excellent viewing window – This viewing window is also a safety feature because you don’t have to open the lid to check on the progress of your cooking. You can see everything clearly through it minimizing the risk of being burnt by hot oil which is a major problem associated with fryers.
- Affordable – When it comes to the price, this 13/181 deep fryer is extremely affordable for anyone no matter the budget. While you might be required to break the bank on some models, you won’t be doing that with this model.
- Lightweight – Weighing just 2.5kgs, this fryer is up there with some of the lightest models on the market. You will not have any major problems moving it around your kitchen or potentially straining your hands since it’s not bulky. This is a welcome relief for people who are not comfortable handling heavy appliances.
- Durable – The stainless steel this 13/181 deep fryer is made from makes it withstand the pressure of constant use. You will not see it show any signs of wear or tear for a long time.
- Quick to heat up – There is an indicator on the side which lets you know when the VonShef fryer is ready to use and you only have to wait 15 minutes.
- Come with a manual – You do get a manual with all the recommended cooking times for a variety of meals to ensure you get things right.
- No auto shut-off feature – The fryer will not turn itself off automatically when your food has finished cooking. It would have been great to have this feature but since it is missing, you’ll have to keep a close eye on your food constantly to prevent it from burning.
Overall the VonShef 13/181 can be put almost anywhere in your kitchen because as pointed out above, it won’t take up a lot of space in your kitchen. The 1.5 litre capacity it offers means you can cook meals for up to three people and has a temperature knob of between 0 – 190 degrees. You can cook a wide range of meals plus many people praise it because it is easy to use as well as clean. It is everything you need in a deep fryer and it has a very sleek design which makes it stand out from all the other appliances you have.